Aims of this special Programme are similar to the Master of Science Programme in Technology of Environmental Management but it offers two plans for students to select : Plans A and B. Besides, the Programme targets to the working people who have available time to study during non office hours..
The programme aims to develop an integrated learning process from both theories and practices for sustainable environment and resource management. The programme emphasizes on building human capacity in solving environmental problem from systematic approach. Since the National Education Bill 1999 declares the student-centered approach as the key philosophy of the national educational system, the programme also expands its curriculum covering weekend(non-office hours), special time and internet-based learning modes. It hopes to produce high-qualified personnel, both in quantity and quality, in environmental planning and management.
Admission Requirements (Open Plan A(2) and Plan B)
The applicant must have the following:
- Hold a Bachelor's degree in any discipline with a cumulative GPA of at least 2.50.
- Applicants who apply for Plan B shall have at least 2 years working experience.
- Applicants who do not meet the above requirements may seek approval from the Programme Committee and the Dean of the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- Applicants will be required to take written examination and undergo an interview.
- Applicants have to specify the programme and its study plan.
- Students may request to change their learning programme or Plan of study within the first semester of the first academic year. This will be approved under the conditions of specified by maximum number of students and their qualification. The final decision to admit to the programme will be made by the programme Committee and the Dean of the Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- Semester System
- How to calculate credits
- The lecture or discussion consuming 15 hours per semester is equal to 1 credit hour.
- The field practice consuming 45 hours per semester is equal to 1 credit hour.
- The independent study or thematic paper consuming 45 hours per semester is equal to 1 credit hour.
- The thesis consuming 45 hours per semester is equal to 1 credit hour.
Further programme Schedule
The programme application forms are sold from October to November each year at the Faculty of Graduate Studies Building, Mahidol University.
- The written examination is held on December
- The interview examination is held on January
- The announcement of admitted students is announced around February each year with the first semester beginning in early June.
- Students must register as full-time students.
- Students must register no more than 15 credits per regular semester.
The Duration of study
- Plan A(2) 2 years
- Plan B 1.5 years