- Fees & Funding
- How to apply
- For Current Student
In order to meet the needs of the region 's development, the program aims to prepare graduates who are experts in interdisciplinary environmental research, to provide them with an extensive understanding of the complexities of the environment and to promote a broad comprehension of the global environment and the need for on-going environmental learning at all levels of society.
- This broadly scoped research degree
- Focuses on environment and resource studies.
- Emphasizes the interdisciplinary nature of resolving environmental and natural resource management issues within research directions as follow.
- Will be required to complete in 3 years of full time study.
- New candidates can apply all year round.
1. Environmental science expert at the state, national and regional level
2. Leaders in environmental and natural resources professionals
3. Effective researchers and academic careers (lecturers and teachers)
- Applicants who have graduate Master's Degree have to enrol Dissertation 48 credits
Step of thesis process
Fundingทุน Macquarie University - Cotutelle & Joint PhD Programs
Contact : Guie X. Hartney,
Associate Director, Global Engagement and Business Development, Macquarie International
Macquarie University NSW 2109 Australia
Tel: +61 2 9850 1071 Mobile: +61 429 897 075
Research Supplies Fee Allocation for Doctor of Philosophy Program in Environment and Resource Studies (International Program)
A Publication Reward for Doctor of Philosophy Program in Environment and Resource Studies (International Program)
Living Allowance Scholarship for Foreign Graduate Students at Mahidol University, Academic Year 2021
|Amount||Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 1||Semester 2|
|Education Services Fee @ 10,000/ year||30,000||5,700||4,300||5,700||4,300||5,700||4,300|
|Student Activities Fee @ 250/ semester||1,500||250||250||250||250||250||250|
|Graduate Studies Fee @ 750/ semester||4,500||750||750||750||750||750||750|
|Internet Service @ 300/semester||1,800||300||300||300||300||300||300|
|Graduate Tuition Fee||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Research Supplies Fee||300,000||50,000||50,000||50,000||50,000||50,000||50,000|
|*Special Equipment @5,000/ semester||30,000||5,000||5,000||5,000||5,000||5,000||5,000|
|Others (for International Students) |
* Students will be required to register until graduation.
How to apply
- Applicants must have a Master's degree in and discipline with a GPA of no less than 3.50.
- Applicants must submit evidence of scholarly or professional achievements showing satisfactory research preparation to the Programme Committee.
- Pass an English Proficiency Examination arranged by the Faculty of Graduate Studies or other institutions certified by the Faculty of Graduate Studies or have a TOEFL Internet-based score of more than 79 (W=23, S=19) or IELTS score of more than 6.0 (W=6.0, S=6.0) or MU GRAD Plus score of more than 90 (W=12, S=12). English score must not exceed 2 years.
- Exceptions to the above requirements may be made by the Programme Committee and by the Dean of Faculty of Graduate Studies.
- A concept paper of a proposed dissertation research.
- An acceptance letter to be an initial advisor from an instructor in Faculty of Environment.
- Applicant has to apply and submit application forms and required documents online via Faculty of Graduate Studies' website (http://www.grad.mahidol.ac.th/en/prospective-students/). Those forms and documents are
Application Form (Downd load : Form A - MS Word, Form A - pdf)
Background and Proposed Field of Study (Downd load : Form B - MS Word, Form B - pdf)
Recommendation Forms (directly submitted by at least 2 referees (Downd load : Form C - MS Word,Form C - pdf)
And other documents as in a checklist (Downd load : Documents checklist for applicants - pdf)
- Applicant also has to submit all those forms and documents to the Program via Program Coordinator's e-mail with one extra document, which is an Acceptance Letter from an instructor in Faculty of Environment and Resource Studies.
Recommendation letter of Lecturer to accept PhD student
- If all documents have been considered by committees and approved, applicant will be interviewed by presenting a concept paper. In case, applicant is a foreigner, the interview might be conducted via Skype.
Preparing a PhD concept paper
Admission process for Ph.D. program
For Current Student
- Guideline for PhD Student Presentations
- Ph.D. Academic Presentation Feedback
- Ph.D. Academic Forum Evaluation Form
- Evalutation form of Dissertation Progress (for Advisors Only) Twice in one Semester
- Evaluation form of Dissertation Progress Twice in one Semester
- Guideline for Qualifying Examination
- REQUEST FOR APPROVAL- Qualifying examination committee